Ypsilanti Citizen Police ]]>

Residents robbed after moving away
By Mark Tower
Jun. 7, 2010   ·   11:06 a.m.

Ypsilanti Police officers responded to a report of a home invasion at 2:30 p.m. Sunday on the 700 block of West Clark Road in Ypsilanti.

The robbery happened...read more

Victim hospitalized after mugging
By Mark Tower
Jun. 6, 2010   ·   9:24 a.m.

A 45-year-old man was hospitalized early Friday morning after being assaulted and robbed on the 500 block of West Cross Street in Ypsilanti, according to a report...read more

Eight cited for violating curfew
By Mark Tower
Jun. 4, 2010   ·   7:13 p.m.

Eight juveniles were cited Thursday night during an operation by Ypsilanti Police officers enforcing the city's curfew ordinance, which forbids anyone under the...read more

Young bicyclist robbed at gun-point
By Mark Tower
Jun. 4, 2010   ·   5:57 p.m.

A 15-year-old male told Washtenaw County Sheriff Office deputies he was knocked off his bicycle at 8:50 p.m. Tuesday by two men, one armed with a handgun who then...read more

Township man shot during burglary
By Mark Tower
May. 26, 2010   ·   1:50 p.m.

A 21-year-old Ypsilanti Township resident was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries early this morning after being shot in the back during an attempted...read more

Injured home invasion suspect arrested after seeking treatment

Krispy Krunchy Chicken

Arraignment scheduled today for 17-year-old Pontiac man

By Tom Perkins
Jan. 5, 2010    ·    12:03 p.m.

Home Invasion Arrest

A man injured in a home invasion on December 30 was arrested after he was released from Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital Monday.

At approximately 9:10 p.m. on December 30, Washtenaw County Sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to the 500 block of Onandaga Street for a burglary that had just occurred.

The deputies found entry was gained by kicking in the front door and the burglar had exited by kicking out a rear sliding glass door. An Xbox videogame console, cash, alcohol and jewelry were stolen.

As the burglar fled, he cut himself on the sliding glass door where he left blood.

On December 31, two detectives were requested to investigate a possible stabbing at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital.

The injured man said he was stabbed the previous day and had a serious injury to his right hand and arm. During the interview, detectives determined no stabbing had occurred and that the man had sustained the injuries as he fled the scene of the break-in.

The 17-year-old Pontiac resident was arrested when he was released from the hospital and transported to Washtenaw County Jail.

He will be arraigned later today.

Ypsilanti Historical Society
SESI Motors
Roots Jamboree

© 2010 The Mojo News Group - Ypsilanti Citizen Home - About Ypsilanti Citizen - Contact Us - Advertising - Calendar - Archives - Terms of Use Citrus Stand Media Group Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional